We have released Type Faster! version 1.0.2 to the Windows and Windows Phone Stores. This update contains a number of minor additions and fixes.
More notably, the leaderboard can now be pinned to the start screen, and the theme color picker is improved. Windows Phone also gains an immersive UI experience.
Type Faster! v188.8.131.52 – March 28, 2015
- Added GWAM and mode to the share text.
- Added color samples to the list of background colors
- The Leaderboard Tile can now be pinned to the start screen
- Added scrollbar to list of background colors
- (WP) App now hides status bar.
This update should roll out within the next few days.
Type Faster! v184.108.40.206 will release on both the Windows Phone and Windows Stores today, March 18. This is a relatively minor bug-fix update.
Type Faster! v220.127.116.11 Release Notes:
- SentenceType now adds a period after the final sentence.
- GWAM checker now correctly treats new lines as double spaces.
- Added a second page of tiles
- Fixed bug where ads would overlap with tiles on lower resolution displays
- Changed Leaderboard Name and Date font size from 32 to 30.
- The background no longer flashes for a split second when a page is loading
- (Windows) Fixed Rate and Review link
- (Windows Phone) Slightly raised tile image a few pixels to fix display issues
After nearly 2 months of development, Type Faster! is now propagating through the Windows and Windows Phone Stores. By the end of March 18, 2015, it should be available, for free, nearly worldwide for all Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
Type Faster! is a typing game and typing speed benchmark. It features leaderboards to see your progress, and compete with friends.
Since Type Faster! uses the Universal Application model, it is ready to support Windows 10. More immediately noticeable is that Type Faster! supports Buy Once, Play Everywhere for its in-app purchases. Right now this is limited to disabling ads, however in the future we will offer new modes and content for purchase. Being Universal means that Type Faster! will sync scores, users, themes, and eventually achievements across all devices. Start playing on one device, and continue on the other.
Type Faster! features four game modes in the initial release: Free Type, Nonsense Type, Sentence Type, and Numbers Type.
We plan on releasing frequent content updates. v1.0.1 should be rolling out soon. v1.1 and beyond will add achievements and new modes, such as Time Trial.
To learn more about Type Faster!, check out the product page here.
Kerinova is quiet pleased to announce our next app: Type Faster!
What is ‘Type Faster!’ exactly?
It is a typing game, and typing benchmark application. It contains multiple modes, including: Free Typing, Nonsense, Sentences, and Numbers.
It features leaderboards to track and compare Words Per Minute scores.
Type Faster! is a game where players compete to gain the highest word per minute scores, but it can also be used to benchmark typing speeds across various devices. For example, you could use the app to determine whether you text faster on a 4 inch Nokia Lumia 520, or a 6 inch Nokia Lumia 1520.
Type Faster! will release late March 2015, for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.