Nova Recorder is a simple yet functional sound recorder application.
Nova Recorder is designed from the ground up for Windows Phone, with a clean, flat, modern user interface.
Nova Recorder is also completely free.
- Records High Quality Stereo Dual Channel 44100hz audio
- OneDrive integration
- In-App audio playback
- Share integration
- Integration with Music+Videos Hub
- Simple Modern Design
- Native Voice Commands
- Customizable app background image!
- Theme color matches phone Accent Color!
- And much much more!
Overview Video (2.2.0)
Nova Recorder v184.108.40.206 – April 10, 2015
- Removed all advertisements.
Nova Recorder v220.127.116.11 – January 24, 2015
- Added a disable ads button
- Bug-fixes and performance improvements
Nova Recorder v18.104.22.168 – January 5, 2015
- Added ability to pause and resume recording
- Removed redundant New Recording button
Nova Recorder v22.214.171.124 – December 13, 2014
- Improved landscape view for the settings page.
- Animations are on by default, The option is to disable them
- Fixed crashes involving audio playback on low memory devices.
- Fixed bug that breaks app navigation when user doesn’t have internet connection
Nova Recorder v126.96.36.199 – December 7, 2014
- Added an option to enable recording animations
Nova Recorder v188.8.131.52 – November 22, 2014
- Ad related bugfixes
- Button text is now lowercase to better fit the Metro UI Guidelines
Nova Recorder v184.108.40.206 – November 19, 2014
- Performance Improvements
Nova Recorder v220.127.116.11 – November 11, 2014
- (WP8.1) Added ‘share’ integration- Recordings can now be shared with other apps or people
- Fixed crashes that occur on 512MB devices when playing back audio.
- Performance and battery usage improvements
Nova Recorder v18.104.22.168 – November 8, 2014
- Added tilt effect animations to the recordings
- Added button press animations
- Nova Recorder can now continue to record when the screen is off.(Previously the recording would stop)
- Made the color ‘Choose’ button slightly bigger to fix text clipping issues
- Hides extra buttons while the user is picking a background color
- Removed option to disable screen timeout
- If the user provides invalid characters for the filename, the app will now resort to a default filename.
Nova Recorder v22.214.171.124 – November 7, 2014
- Fixed bug where the Play section would show app files (which upon playing, would crash the app). It now only shows audio files.
- Fixed bug that caused crashes when trying to play audio files longer than ~9 minutes.
- Added fast forward, rewind, pause, and a new playback interface on recordings longer than 6:36
Nova Recorder v126.96.36.199 – November 5, 2014
- Recordings can now be saved to OneDrive!
- Added a Windows Phone 8.1 version with Cortana integration!
- Recordings can now be renamed!
- De-emphasized AppBar in favor of a tap and hold context menu
- Prompts user for filename in popup menu
- Added fast resume support
- Moved settings button to App Menu
- Improved image quality throughout app
- Added a new splash screen image
- Fixed crashes that occur due to phone running out of memory. Recording will now stop and save when the phone is out of memory.
- Reduced application file size
- Performance improvements
Nova Recorder v188.8.131.52 – October 12, 2014
- A file name for the recording can now be set
- Fixed the size of the Change Color button
- Link to Nova Time in About page
- If a file name already exists, a number will be appended to it
- Changed landscape layout
View screenshots on the Nova Recorder app page.